firefox "server not found" problem

magniv

Reaction score
Credits
hello, i know this is a common problem, but i just downloaded parrot os and fire fox has that annoying "server not found" problem. all tutorials i found didn't help me. can someone help me? (btw i already tried to change my dns to 8.8.8.8 in nano) thanks!

Use your Synaptic Package Manager or use the terminal? You do not need a Browser to install software

Parrot is based on Debian open terminal and type in

sudo apt install chromium

If your connection is working you should have Chromium installed - try to surf the Net

when you update Parrot from the Terminal type in

sudo apt update
Does it go out to the Parrot repositories to check for updates?

Last edited:
it says unable to locate package chromium
It might be chromium-browser - sudo apt install chromium-browser - I do not know if Synaptic Package Manager is installed by default on Parrot or not but you can install it
sudo apt install synaptic
and then search for chromium

Last edited:
it didn't work but when i searched in synaptic package i found a thing called: "node-electron-to-chromiun"
It might be chromium-browser - sudo apt install chromium-browser - I do not know if Synaptic Package Manager is installed by default on Parrot or not but you can install it

and then search for chromium

Wait... I'm confused...

Is this just a Firefox thing, or is it a networking thing?

When asked to ping something, you said:

already tried

Does that mean it didn't work?

Try:

ping google.com to see if you get a response.

If you get a reply, your network is working and your browser is not.

Confusion reigns

1. reboot your router

2. Reboot your computer

Try again.

(allow enough time for the router to reboot completely......turn it off......wait two minutes.......turn it on, wait 3 minutes + )

We need more information from the Member, the OP.

@magniv you have said

but i just downloaded parrot os...

1. Have you installed it or are you just running it Live from a USB stick?

...and fire fox has that annoying "server not found" problem.

If you are talking about Parrot 6.0, it does not ship with Firefox installed. Are you trying to download and install Firefox, or Firefox-ESR, and through what method?

Chromium is the default browser for Parrot 6. and it is version 120.

In this case, it is "chromium", and not "chromium-browser".

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

You are coming here for help, so I don't get why you quoted me without actually replying? And this:
already tried
is not a helpful answer when you are coming here for help, when someone ask you to ping "google.com" or "8.8.8.8". The answer expected was for you to share the output because that would have shown if you have an active internet connection or not and if you can reach other dns servers.

Wait... I'm confused...

Is this just a Firefox thing, or is it a networking thing?

When asked to ping something, you said:

Does that mean it didn't work?

Try:

ping google.com to see if you get a response.

If you get a reply, your network is working and your browser is not.
it responded. but i cannot find chromium or any other browser (even in synaptic) except tor

You are coming here for help, so I don't get why you quoted me without actually replying? And this:

is not a helpful answer when you are coming here for help, when someone ask you to ping "google.com" or "8.8.8.8". The answer expected was for you to share the output because that would have shown if you have an active internet connection or not and if you can reach other dns servers.
no no i am sorry i thought i needded to type in nano "ping google.com" and "nameserver 8.8.8.8" . it responded with: PING google.com (random letters and numbers) and then tl = 115ms time= 45.7ms. it did the same thing more times each time a different number in tl = and time =

1. Have you installed it or are you just running it Live from a USB stick?
1. i installed it on a disk partition
If you are talking about Parrot 6.0, it does not ship with Firefox installed. Are you trying to download and install Firefox, or Firefox-ESR, and through what method?
2. i installed an iso and in the parrot os website it said it's version 5.6, but when i installed the iso it was called 6.0
btw i am sorry for posting replies that say nothing the linux reply thingy is weird for me lol

Members online